I mentioned before that I always wear makeup if I’m stepping out of the house. I’m sure there is plenty to flesh out there as to why I feel the need to do this but instead of getting introspective it’s much more fun to share my fave products! Putting on a full face is super easy for me because I’ve been able to find key items that take away questioning (i.e what type of mascara should I use today?) and give me the results I like.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex Synchronized Recovery. A mouthful of a name but all I know it is as the only cream that diminishes the bags under my eyes. As I got older, the little baggies seemed to be ever-present, especially when I smiled. So anyway, this is something I tried on a fluke because it was a free sample in some skin set I purchased and it was like ohhh my gahhhh. The results were super quick. I knew I was hooked and have re-purchased now for quite a few years. It’s pricy, but worth it and if you are strategic you can get it when Sephora has deals on estee lauder sets or Nordstrom’s sales.
- Covergirl Lash Blast in Blackest Black. I have the shortest lashes, it makes me super sad. This formula + wand gives them a little extra umph so they actually have length and I use it waterproof so that there’s no smudging. I’ve used this consistently for years and no matter which new formulas I try, this is the best for me.
- Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Another lipstick that I got as a sample (I think it was one of the birthday gifts from Sephora?) and I loveeed it. I normally don’t spend this much on lipsticks but I found that I kept reaching for it on weekends when I would run to do my errands. So, yes, this is my running-errands-lipstick #extra, but it is so great! It’s a pretty rosy-pink, it’s creamy and not drying, and it’s actually massive (full size) so it lasts forever. It’s a perfect pop of color that doesn’t overwhelm. My fave.
- Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil. I have dry skin, but even then, when oil serums were becoming a thing I was hesitant about breaking out. And rightfully so because soon I started using another oil that made me break out like crazy. I actually went to the dermatologist who was like that oil is way to heavy for your skin. So I’m a little more aware of what I’m slathering on my face, but this argan oil just always feels so good on my face. I have gone to it again and again. It makes my skin feel dewy without being oily and a little goes a long way. Even when I skip my whole skin care routine, I usually still will put this (plus estee) on at night.
- Bobbi Brown Shadow Stick in golden pink. Yet another product I first received as a sample (why I highly recommend buying sets to try out things in an affordable way). This is a perfect golden peach color, with shimmer but no glitter. It stays on and doesn’t crease (though I always use primer) and honestly works just as great in the evening as it does during work. I’ve purchased this like 5 or 6 times now? It has a lot of product but I use it almost every day. Of course I still buy palettes because I have a problem, but this is a great color for my skin tone. I’d play around with the options if you’re lighter/darker tone than me.
Dats it. These are the items I use and re-purchase all the time. What are your holy grails?!